GETTING STARTED WITH ECHO360
Echo360 is the tool of choice for College of Pharmacy lectures due to it’s ease of use, editing, auto-captioning and integration with CarmenCanvas. If your appointment is to the College of Pharmacy, you can follow the instructions below to record a lecture for your course. If you are outside the College of Pharmacy, you may use CarmenZoom to record your lecture.
GETTING A USER ACCOUNT
Method 1 (Carmen LTI)
You can create an account if the Echo360 LTI has already been added to your Carmen courses.
Click on the Echo360 LTI located in the left-side navigation menu in your Carmen course (see screenshot below). You will be prompted to create a new Echo360 account.
Method 2 (Through Technology Services Team)
NOTE: This method is ONLY for College of Pharmacy Faculty and Courses.
If you are not yet enrolled in a Carmen course or do not have access to Carmen, you likely need an account created manually. In order to get an account, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information
- Your Name.#
- Your course code(s) and name(s) (PHR XXXX – Course Name)
- Your role in the course (i.e. Course Coordinator, Instructor, etc…)
How to Install Echo360 Universal Capture
- For College of Pharmacy-issued computers and laptops: Contact email@example.com to have them install Echo360. This can be done remotely.
- For personal computers or laptops (or if you have administrative privileges): Follow these instructions: Echo360: Install Universal Capture Personal
INSTRUCTOR VIDEO TUTORIALS
Echo360 Recording and Uploading Basics
- Creating an Ad Hoc Capture using Universal Capture
- Share (publish) media to a course
- Using a Public Embed Link
- Embedding Using the Easy Embed Button
- Uploading from your Computer
- Using Universal Capture from the RCE Embed Button
Echo360 Intermediate Features
- Embedded polling and interactive media
- Transcripts and Closed Captions
- Editing and Updating Existing Media
NOTE: Image polls and ordered list questions in Echo360 embedding polling and interactive media CANNOT be used at this time as they are undergoing digital accessibility remediation before they can be used. If you have questions about this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Echo360 Integration with CarmenZoom
How to record a lecture on your own device: Using Lecture Capture: Personal – Quick Start -PDF
How to share a video you have stored in your own library: Sharing a Video from My Content to a Course -PDF
Echo360 videos embedded using the easy embed button in the CarmenCanvas rich content editor produce an LTI error when being viewed through Canvas’s student view button. This is expected behavior. As long as you can see them embedded on a given page, you should be OK.
HELPFUL SUPPORT LINKS
The following links have been curated from Echo360’s help platform:
- Creating an Ad Hoc capture using Universal Capture
- Editing Videos in Echo360
- Embedded polling activities and interactive media overview
- Embedded polls to create interactive media
- Uploading media into Echo360