- Food biochemist with specialization in both targeted and untargeted mass spectrometry based metabolomics, focusing on phytochemicals and their metabolites in plants, foods and biological systems. Extensive experience in food/plant analytical chemistry. Mentor of over 25 graduate, undergraduate and visiting scholars in phytochemical analysis and experimental design including teaching experience and both the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Research Scientist (Principal Investigator Status), The Ohio State University, Food Science & Technology, Oct 2016 – present. Supervisors: Steven Schwartz, Ph.D. & Ken Lee, Ph.D.
- Using both targeted and untargeted mass spectrometry based metabolomics as a part of an interdisciplinary team in the area of personalized food and nutritional metabolic profiling to improve health.
The Ohio State University, Food Science & Technology, Columbus, OH. January 2015 – September 2015
- Postdoctoral Researcher (Principal Investigator Status)
The Ohio State University, Food Science & Technology, Columbus, OH. September 2009 – December 2014
- Ph.D., Carl E. Haas Endowed Chair Graduate Research Associate
- Lisa and Dan Wampler Endowed Fellowship for Food and Health Research, May 2012 – December 2014
- Dissertation title: Tangerine tomato carotenoids: processing, storage, bioavailability and biological implications of consumption. Investigating factors that lead to the apparent increased bioavailability of lycopene in humans from tangerine-type tomatoes. These factors include carotenoid/isomer profiles, chromoplast structure and their resulting in vivo effects in a model of cancer prevention.
Cornell University, Food Science, Ithaca, NY. September 2005 – May 2009
- B.S., Magna Cum Laude
See curriculum vitae for complete background.