The CON IT team is equipping all Newton Hall classrooms to be compatible with Apple devices (iPads, iPhones, Macbooks) so you can wirelessly project from your devices to the projector and screens in the classrooms. Currently, rooms 264 and 172 are ready to go with this new capability. Our plan is to equip all of our classrooms with Apple AirPlay this summer. For a step-by-step guide on how to connect your Apple device to the CON classroom equipment, follow the instructions on the wall near the classroom podium or refer to our one-page guide, Using the Apple TV.
Wondering what type of equipment the IT department has? Here are some options available to you and some instructions on how to use them.
- Make sure the camera has an SD card loaded.
- Ensure that if the camera is being used for an extended period of time for recording, it is plugged in to avoid battery issues
- Use a tripod as needed
- Point and shoot, click the record button
- Pull recorded video(s) off of SD card or request from IT what you would like done with them. Be sure to return the SD card
GoPro: (specific video camera designed to be used while in motion)
- Keep all contents in the case when not in use
- Make sure a fresh battery is in use (fully charged)
- Ensure that your SD card is loaded
- Use the GoPro mobile app as desired
- Click to record
- Pull recorded video(s) off of SD card or request from IT what you would like done with them
Lavalier Kits: (small microphone clip)
- Check to see that the microphone pack is turned on
- Do not change instructed microphone location
- Do not be concerned about the equipment and worry about the event
Need more information? Contact us at CON-InformationTechnology@osu.edu.