Ensure that your video has been recorded and uploaded to Panopto.
Log in to Panopto, go into your course folder, and click the share icon. You can do it for a folder or for a specific video.
Sharing a folder (left) and sharing a video (right)
This will bring up the sharing screen. Here are the different settings to choose from:
- Anyone with the link: This is the default setting. It’s like an unlisted phone number. We suggest you keep it this way unless you want your video to be found by those publicly accessing the site.
- Specific people: This is if you only want certain people to view a video or folder. Nobody else will be able to view it. This is generally not recommended since it’s so restrictive.
- Anyone at your organization with the link: It’s similar to the “unlisted” default setting, but it requires your intended audience to have a College of Nursing account. Don’t use if you want anyone outside the CON to view it.
- Anyone at your organization: Anyone with a CON account who signs in can find and view your video. Again, don’t use it if you want anyone outside the CON to view it.
- Public on the web: Anyone who gets on the site can find and view the video.
While on the sharing screen, copy the link, and then paste it where needed.
Follow these instructions to add this link to your Modules page in Carmen.