There are a number of ways to share the link to your room. Typically, you’ll place it into a Carmen course or send out an email with the link.
Linking within a Carmen course
- Go to your Carmen course and to the Content area where you want to put your Connect meeting room link.
- Click the New button, then New Link.
- In the title field, type a title for your CarmenConnect meeting room. This is what your students will see in Carmen and what they’ll click on to enter your meeting room. (For example: “CarmenConnect Meeting Link”)
- In the URL field, paste the URL that you copied when you finished creating your room. (Or, you can simply type it in. It will be http://carmenconnect.osu.edu/________, with the blank representing whatever you typed in the Custom URL field when you created the room, such as n8781.)
- Check the box beside “Open in a New Window.”
- Click Create, and you’re done.
Emailing the CarmenConnect Link
- Copy the link for your room.
- Paste into a message body of an email to whoever you target audience is.
- Feel free to link to the following page if your participants need some basic help using CarmenConnect: https://go.osu.edu/carmenconnect-quickstart