What is happening?
On December 20th, 2016, we will begin syncing computer log in usernames and passwords with Ohio State usernames (lastname.#) and passwords throughout the College of Nursing.
Why is this happening?
Simplicity! By syncing your computer log in with your Ohio State username (lastname.#) and password, you will only have to remember one password instead of two. In addition, you will only need to update one password every 180 days at https://my.osu.edu
What do I need to do to prepare?
- You will need to make sure that you know your Ohio State (lastname.#) password so that you may use it when you log in to your computer.
- It is also recommended that you log off your computer prior to the password sync if you are able to do so.
How should I change my password in the future?
Please go to https://my.osu.edu to change your password when you receive the email notification that it will be expiring soon.
What do I do if I forgot my Ohio State username and password?
Will I still need to put OSUCON\ in front of my username?
For certain applications, yes. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Panopto Recorder (Not the web page)
I’m a VPN user – will it work if I don’t come in to campus first?
The short answer is “it depends”. There are several factors related to your operating system, VPN client version, and domain membership that all work together to create network access.
- If you connect to the VPN using a personal computer, you will likely only need to update your connection script. Please see the article here for more information.
- If you connect to the VPN using a CON owned computer, AND you plan on connecting over break (before you are able to bring the laptop back in to Newton Hall), please contact us. We will work with you to make the transition as smooth as possible.