Anxiety

For this project, I played around with different sounds that would normally bug me or give me anxiety if I was in a silent room studying. I started by recording different things such as opening lids, metal coffee cups getting hit, pens being sifted through, zippers opening and closing, fingers being tapped, phones buzzing, dry erase markers, coins being spun. Then I added them into a file together and began taking bits and parts of one audio and overlaying it with another. I also messed with throwing the sounds back and forth through the right and left speaker. I made some sounds softer and other louder as a whole as well as in different sections of the audio. This project was fun to record because isolating one sound out of many is interesting. I liked taking ordinary sounds that people don’t normally listen for and isolating them so they are by themselves. But listening to the end result of the sounds being mixed together gives me anxiety which is why I ended up calling it anxiety. These are all sounds I hear every day but I normally hear them at a heightened level when I already anxious about something else.