This time of year is often known for being the season of giving! So, why not take this opportunity to teach your Cloverbuds about giving by helping them create their own holiday cards to give to others. For example, cards can be taken and distributed to residents of a local nursing home or tucked into a local food bank’s distribution boxes before delivery!
- Cardstock and/or construction paper
- Markers, colored pencils and/or crayons
- Glue sticks
- Old magazine or cards
- Fold the cardstock or construction paper into the desired card size.
- Encourage members to use their creativity to decorate the cards by drawing and coloring a picture, tracing a picture with a stencil, cutting pictures out of old magazines or old cards. Add a little something extra with ribbon, glitter or other decorating items you have around.
- Have some sample phrases written out and available for members to use on or in their card such as “Merry Christmas”, “Happy Holidays”, “Seasons Greeting”, “Happy New Year” or another greeting of your choice. Some members may still be learning to spell and this might help them.
- Be sure your Cloverbud signs their name to their card.
This activity can be fun for the members creating the cards and fun for the individual receiving the cards. It is a great way for young members to realize that their kindness may bring cheer to someone else!