Let’s get started:
Collect the following simple supplies:
- A small jar for each child. This can be a baby food jar, a pickle jar or a mason jar.
- Glitter in silver, white, blue or a combination of all. You can add the reflective snowflake confetti if you like.
- Water resistant glue and distilled water. Using distilled water ensures that all the minerals and bacteria are removed making sure that you don’t end up with water that can get cloudy.
- Something to put in your globe. Choose something simple like a small figurine or a toy. I like collecting items from outside. Small pine cones, acorns, pretty rocks are all good too (and free!).
What to Do:
- Fill the bottom of the jar with glitter. Be generous, but not overwhelming. About ¼ of the way full is a good guideline.
- Glue the figurine to the bottom of the lid making sure you keep them centered.
- Fill the jar with the water leaving approximately ¾ of an inch of air space at the top.
- Run the glue around the perimeter of the inside of the lid to form a waterproof seal when you screw the lid in place. Allow to dry for a bit so your glitter doesn’t stick to the glue.
Turn it upside down and enjoy!