Resources to support and intervene when clinicians are in distress are linked on this page!
Mental Health & Stress
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association Managing Stress & Self Care during COVID-19: Information for Nurses
- HNHN blog Six Tips for Nurses Coping with the COVID-19 Pandemic
- The Ohio State University’s (OSU) COVID-19 Resources,including video on coping by Chief Wellness Officer Dr. Bernadette Melnyk
- OSU 8 week online series: Staying Calm and Well in the Midst of the COVID-19 Storm
- American Holistic Nurses Association’s Holistic Stress Management website
- The National Academy of Medicine’s Action Collaborative on Clinician Well-being Resources to Support the Health and Well-Being of Clinicians During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Healer Education Assessment and Referral (HEAR)
- NIOSH Science BlogManaging Fatigue During Times of Crisis: Guidance for Nurses, Managers, and Other Healthcare Workers
Grief & Bereavement
- American Nurse Article “Grief Management After a Nurse’s Death”
- HNHN blog “The Tough Stuff: How to Deal With the Death of a Patient”
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255) https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
- SAMHSA National Helpline 1-800-662 HELP (4357) https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline
- SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline 1-800-985-5990 https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/disaster-distress-helpline
(for this u.osu.edu site)
- Mental Health First Aid Australia. (2020). Suicidal thoughts & behaviours guidelines. Found at https://mhfa.com.au/sites/default/files/suicidal_thoughts_and_behaviours_guidelines_0.pdf
- Omer, H., & Elitzurp, A. (2001). What would you say to the person on the roof? A suicide prevention text. Suicide and Life-Threatening Behavior 3l(2),129-139.
- Ross, A., Kelly, C. M., & Jorm, A. F. (2014). Re-development of mental health first aid guidelines for suicidal ideation and behaviour: a Delphi study. Psychiatry 2014, 14(241), 1-11.
- Sellin, L., Kumlin, T., Wallesten, T., & Gustin, L. W. (2018). Caring for the suicidal person: A Delphi study of what characterizes a recovery-oriented caring approach. International Journal of Mental Health Nursing, 27, 1756–1766.
ALL INFORMATION LISTED ON THIS RESOURCE PAGE & ON THIS SITE CAN BE DOWNLOADED! Download the PDF: Conversations With Clinicians in Crisis