Year in Review

My first year at OSU has taught me a lot about myself as a person, and I feel that I have matured a lot this year.

Coming into college, things were overwhelming. I am an oldest child and neither of my parents went to college out of high school. Everything seemed foreign to me: frats, Grubhub, and the people on my floor. At first, the change in routine and lack of familiarty brought me down. However, I knew I just had to acclimate, and slowly things became more comfortable.

One step I took for myself was taking advantage of the free counseling/therapy services offered here. I met with my therapist about once a month and a group, Buckeye Brothers, once a week. Naturally, things got easier over time, and even though I had fun all year I feel that second semester I got into my groove. Work seemed less difficult, more classes were in person, and I kept making friends. I have a routine to life, I know my people, and I know my major (international business) and minor (Spanish).

In all, I feel college has exposed me to different people and allowed me to grow in many ways. I am more certain of myself on a day to day basis, and a more composed person. I am proud to be a Buckeye, as I cannot imagine myself anywhere else.

Go Bucks!