I have always been a goal-oriented person. Having something to shoot for motivates me, and brings out my competitive side. In college, I hope to accomplish a lot, and learn as much as I can about the world and myself. In the classroom, I plan on maintaining good grades, doing my work, and finding enjoyment in my major; however I have many goals outside of the classroom, too.

One major goal of mine in college is to study abroad. Throughout my life, I have seen my parents travel a lot, and my uncle taught English in South Korea. Despite the uncertainty that presents itself by travelling to new places, all of their stories ultimately sounded enriching, and neither my parents nor my uncle have ever regretted exploring a new place.

At some point in college, I would also like to hold a leadership position in a club. In high school, I was a team captain for the cross country and track and field teams, resulting in me developing my leadership skills. Eventually, I found fulfillment from watching my team succeed, rather than just individual accomplishment. At Ohio State, I would like to find a club that I am passionate about and be an important part of it.

My final major goal for college is to join a community service club. Throughout high school, I was in a couple of service clubs, which helped me to understand how important a simple event can be to people. To give hours to a cause you believe in is not only rewarding to the person performing the service, it benefits others.