- Smart Air Quality Control in Buildings: Development of data-driven optimized ventilation control strategies in homes and commercial buildings; low-cost air quality sensors for integration into smart building control systems; investigations into use of ventilation for load shifting in commercial buildings;
- Sorbent-based dehumidification, air conditioning and passive air cleaning. Membrane based 100% solar air conditioning; use of Lithium Chloride liquid desiccants for humidity and gas-phase pollutant control in greenhouses; use of dehumidification sorbents for simultaneous gas-phase air cleaning
- Demand Response/Peak Shaving/Load Shifting: Measuring, modeling and predicting peak shaving in campus buildings; Use of ventilation modulation for peak shaving/load smoothing;
2. ASHRAE 1823-RP Improved Exhaust-to-Intake Dilution (Concentration) Calculations, funded by ASHRAE, PI
3. Collaborative Development of 100% Solar-Driven Adsorption Air Conditioner, funded by OSU Connect and Collaborate Grants Program, PI with Casey Wade and W.S. Winston Ho, Ohio State; and Daikin North America LLC
4. Liquid desiccant humidity control solutions for indoor agricultural facilities, funded by SEEDS: The CFAES Research Competitive Grants Program, PI with Peter Ling, Ohio State; and Agam Greenhouse Energy Systems, Ltd.