G.O.A.L.S.

Global Awareness: For this part of the GOALS, I am planning on hopefully becoming involved in the club Global Brigades, which would give me the opportunity to go to another country and help others, as well as expose me to different cultures of the world, thus enhancing my global awareness.

Original Inquiry: I plan on looking into research internships this summer in my hometown of Chicago. I have not unfortunately had any experience in research or anything pertaining to it, but if I do find something to do in the summer, this will assist me in my future plans for attending medical school.

Academic Enrichment: I plan to double major, which will help me stand out with a Spanish and Biology major. This will assist in my future goals of getting into a good medical school, and hopefully assist in getting a job as an ER surgeon someday. I also plan on taking classes which not only pertain to my major, but also my interests. Currently, I am in a Prehistoric and Medieval art history class, which I find to be greatly interesting. I could have chosen other classes to get my GE’s out of the way, however this is something that I have always found fascinating, and will most likely take more history courses in the future.

Leadership Development: I plan to get heavily involved with a few science related clubs here at OSU, and hopefully assume leadership positions within these clubs, in order to develop my leadership skills. At home, I teach volleyball lessons to younger students, which puts me in a position of leadership

Service Engagement: I volunteer at a food pantry in my hometown, as well as the nursing home near my old high school. I plan on using the scholars events which are given out monthly, to find a place to consistently volunteer, because this will look good on resumes.