Welcome to the site. Home will serve as an introduction and guideline to individual page’s information.
Chicha is an a South American drink often created using fermented maize. In the Andes, the process and consumption of chicha has been an integral part of many cultures for thousands of years; it serves as an item of religious significance in rituals and ceremonies as well as recreational fun.
1. The Origin of Chicha – Discusses more about what chicha is and the rise of its prominence in South America.
2. Chicha’s Evolution and the Inca Empire – Discusses how chicha changed and diversified across the Andes and South America as a whole, as well as the importance in the large Inca Empire.
3. Chicha Today – This page will talk about how chicha is doing today in terms of continued consumption and its importance to Andean culture.
4. Related Themes of Chicha – Pulls themes from the History 2111 class and applies it to information provided in this website’s pages.
5. Insightful and Fun Links – A source provided to enhance this website’s theme about chicha and related topics.