Module 5:Web-Enhanced Listening and Viewing Strategies Blog Post

The most useful things I have learned in this module is about the strategies and tips of note taking.

An example that I have put into practice is that I often search for the knowledge that I feel confused about in the lecture. Moreover, I also will search how to solve questions that I do not know how to figure out on the assignment. And the website I usually used is “chegg”, “symbol calculator”, and “coursehero”. With these websites, I can easily figure out how to solve the problems in homework. The reason why I choose not to ask TA often is that TA usually sees my message the next day and then answers my questions, and office hour will often conflict with my schedule.

The idea I can put into practice is the strategies of note taking I learned from this module. In the “note taking in class” video, I learn that I should take note more specific and more structural. I sometimes will encounter the problem that it is hard for me to find the note that I want to review. I will encounter this problem because I did not write topic of each lecture or some specific points. Moreover, I was less likely to use bullet point to subhead the note. Thus, I should practice the tip and ideas that the video taught me, and I belief I can better organize my note and being a good note taker.

The advices I give to other students is that taking note on iPad or other digitalize notetaker is better than use paper to take notes. The reason why I recommend digital note is that it is easier for us to find and save the notes. For example, if we take too much notes of a course, we can use the search function in iPad, but we cannot do it if we use paper. Furthermore, digital note is easier to save because the you can backup your notes on iCloud. But it can be hard to find a good place to reserve all the notes you have taken.

refernces: https://youtu.be/Yc5qyMTjO3k