Module4:Web-Enhanced Reading and Study Strategies Blog Post

One of the most useful things I learned was some useful habits about reading. When we read a book, it often happens that we don’t remember the contents of the book after reading it. So we need to make some notes when we read, such as marking the places that we find useful.We can also read books with questions, for example, we can set several questions for ourselves, such as what the author wants to express, what is the purpose of the auther, so that when we are reading books, we can concentrate more easily, because we are looking for the answer. 

The idea that I can put into practice is avoiding multitasking. I have a lot of experience with this. Sometimes when I encountered a problem that I cannot solve, I will go to solve some economic’s problems that I know how to solve. However, when I had problems in my economics homework that I couldn’t solve, I went back to the math. In this case, I not only cannot improve my working efficiency, but slow down my wokring speed. Thus, I think I should just focus on a certain questions that I do not know. It is better for me to ask friends or my TA for that question instead of jumping over it. 

The advice I can give other students is that study hard the night before the exam cannot help you increase your grade but you should have a good rest the night before the exam. Because human need enough sleep to memorize things. Thus, if we cannot get enough sleep at night, we cannot remember the knowledge even though we study hard the night before the exam.