Postdoctoral Catalyst Fellowship
Applications from members of underrepresented minority groups are highly encouraged!
Postdoctoral Catalyst Fellows chosen for appointment to one of the Case CCC supported training grants will receive a $10,000 annual stipend premium above current NIH stipend levels and support funds for research expenses and travel to scientific meetings.
About the Case CCC
Recently rated “Exceptional”, the highest rating possible by the National Cancer Institute, The Case CCC based at Case Western Reserve University (CWRU) is a partnership organization supporting cancer-related research efforts at CWRU, University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center (UH), and Cleveland Clinic (CC). Located in Cleveland, Ohio, the Case CCC serves the cancer research and clinical needs of an urban manufacturing and rural agricultural region consisting of over 4 million people in Northern Ohio. The Case CCC consists of 7 research programs with strengths in translational cancer research and treatment, including but not limited to immunotherapy, cancer imaging, cancer genetics, tumor microenvironment, metastasis, cancer prevention and control, and cancer stem cells. The Case CCC supports 13 shared resources with cutting-edge technology for imaging, animal studies, clinical samples, flow cytometry, cell identification, next generation sequencing, and biostatistical analysis.
- Applicants must be a United States Citizen, a non-citizen national, or must have been lawfully admitted for permanent residence and possess an Alien Registration Receipt Card (1-151 or 1-551) or some other verification of legal admission as a permanent resident.
- Applicants must have earned a PhD or MD/PhD in a cancer related field (including, but not limited to life sciences, biomedical engineering, genetics, genome sciences, bioinformatics, etc.) prior to their appointment.
- Senior graduate students must be within 12 months of graduation.
- Early-stage postdocs must have earned their terminal degree within 3 or less years.
- Individuals from Case CCC or its partners (Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland Clinic, and University Hospitals) are not eligible for the award.
Application Deadlines and Instructions
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis but must be received no later than April 1, 2020 by 5pm EST.
Applicants will be asked to provide:
- Contact information
- Current academic rank
- Date and discipline of expected or conferred degrees
- Number of first author and total publications
- Current Primary Mentor name, title, and email address
- Names and email addresses of three (3) references
- Names of Case CCC members applicant is interested in meeting/working with
- Current CV (PDF)
- Statement of research interests (PDF, not to exceed three pages of Arial 11-point font with 0.5-inch margins)