Hydrocarbons Process Chemistry R&D Internship
Dow™ is seeking an intern for an exciting and challenging opportunity in Process research for the Ethylene envelope in the Hydrocarbons R&D group in Freeport, Texas. The primary purpose of this role is to conduct laboratory studies on process related issues in support of the global Dow hydrocarbons manufacturing assets.
This 12-16 week full-time position will allow a Ph.D. candidate to develop industrial work experience while building their professional network and gaining knowledge of real-life industrial problems.
This intern will be exposed to Dow™, one of the largest chemical companies in the world, and will have access to state-of-the-art facilities and the opportunity to work with technical experts in diverse fields.
The intern will have responsibility for an individual research project in the area of process support of an investigation into polymer fouling chemistry in ethylene crackers and will have an opportunity to guide research in this area with their unique perspective.
- Form hypotheses, design and perform experiments to test the effects of process conditions, additives, and model components on fouling kinetics and mechanism at lab scale.
- Conduct analytical chemistry studies and data analysis.
- Apply fundamental knowledge to model and explain phenomena observed during testing.
- Communicate research results in technical reports and presentations.
- PhD or PhD candidate in chemistry, chemical engineering, or related fields.
- Background or knowledge and interest in process chemistry.
- Hands-on wet chemistry experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented.
- Familiarity with hazards of hydrocarbons is preferred.
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume/CV and research summary to Ying Yu (firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 9th, 2020.