Hello! My name is Raman Chakravarthy. I am a freshman at The Ohio State University from Powell, Ohio and I am majoring in environmental engineering. I love to listen to music, go for runs/ hikes and learn about our environment. I am a nice person who loves to explore ideas and help others. During my time at OSU I want to join clubs and get involved with my community. I also want to take part in some fun clubs, meeting people with similar interests. As a result I joined the running club since I did Cross country and Track during my four years of high school. I want to learn about myself and the world, having a clean idea on what I want my future to look like. The Ohio State University has many opportunities to further your knowledge, I will use these advantages by taking advantage of the internship and research opportunities provided.
I am also in the Environmental and Natural Resources Scholars program. While I am in this program I want to learn about environmental policies and sustainability. I have always loved the environment, reading books about pollution and different types of animals. It is important to learn about the environment and how to help it. I also love the outdoors and I am so excited to go on adventures while in this program, while learning about the environment at the same time. It’s important to get away from technology and learn outdoor skills, bringing us closer to the outside world.