After President – elect trump takes the oath of office on January 20, there may be some changes to important HR issues.
- The Overtime Rule: Trump may do away with the triennial automatic increases; however a full repeal of the new Fair Labor Standards Act rule changes is unlikely.
- The ACA: Some provisions of the health care reform law could be targeted for elimination, including the employer mandate and the Cadillac tax.
- Immigration: Issues include mandatory E-Verify for employers, an overhaul of guest worker programs and rescinding some of President Obama’s executive actions.
- Paid Leave: Trump has shared his support that would guarantee six weeks of paid maternity leave for new mothers after childbirth.
- Regulatory Reform: Trump has said he would seek a temporary pause on all new federal workplace regulations and review old rules to see which should be scrapped.
HR Magazine December 2016, “Hot Button Issues Await Trump” SHRM Staff