Applications for CFAES Staff Professional Development Awards and the CFAES Staff Recognition Awards are available and now being accepted by the CFAES Staff Advisory Council Staff Awards and Recognition Committee.
Staff Professional Development Award
The CFAES SAC Staff Professional Development Award is funded through support from donations from current and former employees. It is offered to help supplement the costs associated with travel and fees for professional development opportunities for staff of the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences. This is a one-time reimbursement for expenses related to professional development activities, not to exceed $500. Please note, the award is up to $500, and the committee may opt to award a partial request (e.g., $250 of a $500 ask) depending on the full range of submissions and awards.
Applications will be reviewed and awarded twice per year. The deadline for the first round is June 15, 2018. The application deadline for the second round is Dec. 1, 2018. This second round will allow staff to apply for funding for professional development that may occur later in the fiscal year that they might not be aware of early in the fiscal year. Professional Development Award recipients have one year from the date of approval to use the award.
Staff Professional Development Award Timeline
Professional Development Application deadline:
Round 1 – June 15, 2018
Round 2 – Dec. 1, 2018
Notification date (recipients and those not selected):
Round 1 – by July 10, 2018
Round 2 – by Dec. 15, 2018
Staff Recognition Awards
Shirley Brooks Jones Citizenship Award ($500)
Awarded to a staff member who:
- Provides outstanding and ongoing excellence in services to faculty, staff, students, and/or others.
- Enhances the quality of work-life in ways that makes a significant difference for colleagues or customers.
- Develops creative solutions to problems that result in significantly more effective and efficient college operations.
- Contributes to positive changes in the college.
- Promotes the college core values and college goals. College core values are: discovery, life-long learning, science-based knowledge, academic freedom, civility, professionalism, and diversity. College goal is to be the standard of excellence for colleges of agricultural and environmental sciences.
Above and Beyond awards ($300 each)
Key Values Award – A service award for dedication, cooperation and positive attitudes in the workplace. Nominations limited to staff members within their first three years of employment.
Innovation Award – For developing and/or participating in project initiatives and/or process operation improvements that enhance CFAES, OSU Extension, Ohio State ATI, or OARDC and its mission.
Special Recognition – For going above and beyond job duties, special commitment to tasks, positive customer service, and improving workplace communications.
Staff Recognition Award Timeline
Staff Recognition Award Application deadline: June 30, 2018
Notification Date: by Aug. 15, 2018
The applications for the Professional Development Award and the Staff Recognition Awards are available on the Staff Advisory Council web page.
All applications are to be sent to Staff Advisory Council Awards Committee c/o Joy Bauman, CFAES Center for Cooperatives, 1864 Shyville Road, Piketon, OH 45611 or email to email@example.com.