There are two new Worker Protection Standard (WPS) training modules for CFAES employees. The WPS training modules cover two types of employees:
- Pesticide handlers: those who mix, load, or apply agricultural pesticides; clean or repair pesticide application equipment; or assist with the application of pesticides
- Agricultural workers: those who perform tasks related to growing (planting, weeding, pruning) and harvesting plants on farms or in greenhouses, nurseries, or forests
The WPS training is a three step process:
- Online training session through the OSU EHS Training website
- Comprehensive test following the online session (80% correct to proceed with the final step)
- Supervisors must go over site specific content using the appropriate CFAES WPS checklist
Click here for the full details of the Worker Protection Standard (WPS) training.
Thank you to OSU EHS and BuckeyeLearn for hosting the training online. This will allow the training to also be utilized for OSU employees outside of CFAES, such as OSU facilities and grounds care employees.
Please pass this announcement on to those in your departments or work areas that need to utilize the information.