Your Gift Does More – Greg’s Story

Up until about 18 years ago, it was difficult for me to understand the idea of giving the dollars I earned from my employer back to my employer. It was about that time that I had a chance to learn about the Cooke Castle during a work trip to Stone Lab at Lake Erie.

I learned that the Cooke Castle was the stately limestone home built on Gibraltar Island in the 1800s. The old home was beautiful, but sorely in need of repairs. Being a lover of history and quality craftsmanship, I knew I could help in its preservation and restoration.

I didn’t give much, but what I did contribute made me feel good. I have been contributing to the Cooke Castle Restoration Fund 301508 ever since. My seemingly small contributions are combined with those of so many others, past, present and future, to support some of the things about OSU I value most.

Now I look forward to seeing how my contributions support these things, whether they be professional development scholarships, cash achievement awards or Cooke Castle renovations. I have also come to realize that if we don’t care enough about these things to give ourselves, how can we expect anyone else to do so?

I encourage you to find a cause that speaks to your heart…chances are there is a fund to support it. Then, give what you can and prepare yourself for the happiness that will result from knowing that you are helping others.

Greg Davis
Assistant Director
OSUE Community Development

Featured Units:

ACEL
ACEL Centennial Endowment 483150

OSUE Agricultural and Natural Resources
OSU Extension Agriculture and Natural Resources Educator Professional Improvement Fund 312761
AG/NR Team Support 305079

And don’t forget this year’s CFAES highlighted funds:
Students First, Students Now Scholarship Fund in FAES 313122
Welcome and Education Center at the Secrest Arboretum Fund 312597
Ohio 4-H Program Fund 310225

The 2017 CFAES Campus Campaign co-chairs are Greg Davis (Davis.1081@osu.edu) and Thom Janini (Janini.4@osu.edu).