Your Gift Does More – Brian’s Story

I used to hit the delete key…

Do you automatically delete emails requesting money for the Campus Campaign? I’m not crazy about getting solicited, either. But nearly 25 years ago, I began remembering all the help I’d received in college (work-study jobs, scholarships, Pell grants, cash from my older sister! etc.) and I realized how fortunate I had been to get that help and stay in college. I also remembered something I was taught growing up: we should all contribute even the smallest amount to help others. It could be to a charity, a school, a faith organization or to a neighbor whose child has cancer. So I started doing that.

I really hesitate sharing this as it might sound boastful, but if I don’t share, how can I encourage others? With that said, I personally know many of you support several causes, some at significant levels. And you do it quietly, without any acknowledgement. Blessings to you!  Today, I hope you’ll consider adding an OSU Campus Campaign donation to support the good work being done here at OSU, too.

Thank you,
Brian Raison

The attached photo shows Urban Agriculture and Youth Education Gardens that have been supported, in part, by the Community Development Extension Support Fund 308100.

Featured Units:

OSUE Community Development
Community Development Extension Support Fund 308100

SENR
School of Environment and Natural Resources Scholarship Fund 313978
The Barnebey Family Scholarship Fund 600329

And don’t forget this year’s CFAES highlighted funds:
Students First, Students Now Scholarship Fund in FAES 313122
Welcome and Education Center at the Secrest Arboretum Fund 312597
Ohio 4-H Program Fund 310225

The 2017 CFAES Campus Campaign co-chairs are Greg Davis (davis.1081@osu.edu) and Thom Janini (janini.4@osu.edu).