A joint meeting of the 1st Annual Conference on Food and Nutritional Metabolomics and 14th Annual Ohio Mass Spectrometry Symposium will be held on May 17-18, 2017, at the Ohio Union on the Ohio State campus in Columbus, Ohio. Academic and industrial researchers will present findings, share information, and spark new collaborations in the rapidly advancing fields of metabolomics and mass spectrometry.
Click here for up-to-date information about the conference, abstract submissions and links to registration.
The conference agenda will include:
- Introduction to Metabolomics workshop (optional)
- Keynote speakers, Dr. Gary Patti (Washington University in St. Louis) and Dr. Robert Gerszten (Harvard University)
- Invited speakers, including Ohio State’s Dr. Rafael Bruschweiler, Dr. Ewy Mathe, and Dr. Devin Peterson
- Oral presentations on metabolomics technology as a tool to determine dietary impact on metabolic phenotypes related to health; food chemistry; food quality and flavor; proteomics, nucleic acids; informatics; and recent advances in mass spectrometric instrumentation and analyses
- Lunch and Learn sessions
- Poster sessions
- Opportunities for academia-industry interaction
- Evening reception
Ohio State’s Foods for Health initiative will host the event. The Metabolomics Society and the scientific journal, Metabolites, are media partners. Conference sponsors to date include Advion Inc., Agilent Technologies, Inc., Bruker Daltonics, McCormick Science Institute, Mead Johnson Nutritionals, Nestlé, PanTheryx Inc., Sciex, JM Smucker, Thermo Fisher Scientific, and Waters.
Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Details can be found at the conference website.