Distance Ed News Update

I hope you are all settling into the new semester.  The first week has definitely seen some bumps along the way with many of you moving your courses from D2L (Carmen) to Canvas.  I think they have fixed most, if not all, of the glitches we all saw the past 2 weeks.  I have heard of some isolated cases, though, where some students weren’t able to access their courses. In my own course, I have one student who can’t get the discussion board to work.  Continue to contact the ODEE help folks with any issues you are seeing.

I would also like to take this moment to say a huge Thank You to all of the CFAES eTeam folks that have been working long hours to help our departments through the past couple of weeks!

Also a reminder that if you need assistance in moving your course materials to Canvas, to send me a quick email note with your course title, dept and when the course is being offered.  I’m at namuth-covert.1@osu.edu. CFAES has hired an instructional designer contractor to help us this year in the transition.  She is available to help distance courses, as well as on campus ones.  Working with faculty and eTeam designers (if your dept has one), she will copy over materials.  We are keeping her time focused, so any day to day questions on using Carmen or problems you are running into are better answered by your department’s Carmen Affiliate or ODEE help desk.

Deana Namuth-Covert, PhD
Professor, Director of Online Education and Outreach
The Ohio State University
Ohio State ATI and the College of Food Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Wooster, OH 44691
402-483-1338 Office
namuth-covert.1@osu.edu