We hope to see you at our upcoming workshop, Knowing Your Data: Security and Compliance Issues! Details are below and in the flyer here: Data Security 040616 . Feel free to share this email with anyone you think may be interested in attending. Please encourage those interested in registering to CLICK HERE to register rather than the link at the bottom of this email (which is an individual one-time use link) when forwarding this email. Thank you!
Knowing Your Data: Security and Compliance Issues
College Commons – 260 Ramseyer Hall
Wednesday, April 6, 2016 from 1:00-2:30pm
Join us for an in-depth look at the rules that apply to data over the entire research life cycle. We’ll review the OSU Institutional Data Policy and take a case-based approach to investigate data types and their classifications, how they can be shared and stored as well as security and compliance issues. We will also discuss how this information should be integrated into federally-required data management plans.
We will answer questions such as:
- In what ways can you and others interact with your data (who, when, where and how)?
- What policies and people are available to guide your decisions?
- How can you ensure that the data you collect is secure?
- How can you safely manage sensitive information?(Which hosting services are okay to use?)
- What should you do if you suspect the loss, unauthorized access, or exposure of institutional data?
This workshop is intended for all interested faculty, staff, and students. If you have any questions, please email Rebecca Chacko at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rebecca Chacko, Administrative Coordinator
EHE Office of Research
Follow this link to the Survey:
Take the Survey
Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser: