Join Denise Ellsworth from the OSU Bee Lab along with fellow bee enthusiasts at one of these Bee Blitz events across Ohio during National Pollinator Week, June 16 – 24. We’ll use nets and vials to catch (and then release) bees in the field and identify common Ohio species. Shorter events are free; longer events require registration and small fee (see below).
Nets, bee ID guides and vials provided to use in the field. Bring water, a snack or lunch in a day pack, and dress for the weather and ticks. If the weather looks threatening, call Denise to check for cancellations: (234) 249-4346. Questions? Contact Denise at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday, June 16th: 11:00 – 1PM (no fee)
- Monday, June 18th: 1PM – 3PM (no fee)
Smuckers Store, Orville. Meet in parking lot: pollinator plot is south of the lot.
- Tuesday, June 19, 10AM – 3PM ($10, registration required)
Ohio Pollinator Advocate Training and PM Bee Blitz
Indoor training in the morning, field time in the afternoon
Bring your lunch
- Wednesday, June 20: 1PM – 3PM (no fee)
Rittman Orchard, Doylestown. Meet at the orchard store entrance.
- Thursday, June 21: 1PM – 3PM (free for members, $10 fee for non-members to enter Holden)
Holden Arboretum, Kirtland. Meet at the visitor center.
- Friday, June 22: 10AM – 3PM ($10 fee for advocate training, registration required, no fee for bee blitz 1PM – 3PM)
Ohio Pollinator Advocate Training (10 – 12:30) and PM Bee Blitz (1 – 3PM, no fee)
Indoor training in the morning in the farm classroom, field time in the afternoon
Bring your lunch
- Saturday, June 23: Anytime between 10AM – 3PM
Come to the pollinator garden throughout this free pollinator festival!