Dr. Vincent J. Ellerbrock was a professor of physiological optics and optometry at Ohio State for 18 years, beginning in 1947. He was a native of Delphos, Ohio and received three degrees from Ohio State: BS (1940), MS (1941), and PhD (1947).
The late Dr. Ellerbrock began his distinguished academic career as an assistant professor on the optometry faculty in 1947 and was promoted to associate professor in 1950; he became a full professor in 1957. He also had a small private practice located on the first floor of the Canterbury Apartments building on Olentangy River Road. He was the author of numerous articles in optometry and vision science, including a textbook and a clinical manual used by Ohio State optometry students.
He chaired the American Academy of Optometry’s postgraduate educational courses for many years; because of his extraordinary love of and contribution to the Academy, the organization’s Executive Council named the continuing education portion of its annual meeting after him.