Elizabeth Muckley, OD – Class of 1997 – Notable Alumna

Elizabeth MuckleyDr. Elizabeth Muckley has practiced at Northeast Ohio Eye Surgeons in Kent, Ohio for over 13 years and is the Director of Optometric Services. She concentrates on medical glaucoma and management of anterior segment disease. She is an extern preceptor and Assistant Clinical Professor for The Ohio State University advance practice site extern program. Dr. Muckley is a Fellow in the American Academy of Optometry and was the third woman inducted into the International Optometric Glaucoma Society. She currently serves as Trustee on the Board of the Ohio Optometric Association (OOA). Prior to that, she was co-chair of the OOA legislative committee, where she testified before the Ohio House and Senate for the 2008 scope of practice expansion (HB 149). She was the 2007 recipient of the Jack T. Keith Young Optometrist of the Year award for Ohio and subsequently was named the Young Optometrist of the Year for the American Optometric Association in 2008. Dr. Muckley is married to Tim, who is an attorney and Director of Corporate Real Estate at Sherwin Williams. They have one son, Max, age 9. She enjoys spending time at their summer home on Lake Erie, gardening, and entertaining friends and family–especially for OSU football games!

Dr. Muckley writes, “Graduating from The Ohio State College of Optometry has provided me opportunities in my career that I am forever grateful for. I get up every day knowing that I can make a difference in the lives of patients. I have countless friends and colleagues from my experiences at Ohio State. Congratulations on 100 years! I am proud to be a BuckEYE!”