Gregory J. Nixon, OD, FAAO – Class of 1996 – Notable Alumnus

Gregory J. NixonDr. Greg Nixon, Clinical Professor of Optometry at The Ohio State University College of Optometry writes: “Congratulations Ohio State University Optometry as you celebrate your centennial! It is truly remarkable to think about the tremendous impact this program has had over the last 100 years. Ohio State has produced innovative researchers whose discoveries have influenced the optometric community and changed the standards of care for our practices. Our clinical program has provided expert vision and eye care to benefit the lives of thousands of patients. The greatest influence of all, however, is that Ohio State Optometry has made dreams come true for its graduates.

I feel blessed to be among those whose dream to become an optometrist came true. As a nearsighted eighth grader, I was enthralled with the effect my first spectacle correction had on my view of the world. I gained a new clarity about my surroundings I had never known before. In a broader sense, this experience also focused my career interests toward being able to provide this benefit to others. Enrolling at Ohio State not only trained me to be the best optometrist possible, it has provided me the opportunity to train a generation of optometrists who have shared that same dream. Today, I am one of thousands of Ohio State alumni who is proud to be a Buckeye OD who has contributed to providing 100 years of great vision. I look forward to OSU striving to preserve and protect that vision for many years to come.”