Explore Columbus 2018

Irene and I decided it would be fun to go spend time at Hang Over Easy! We walked from our home of Smith-Steeb Hall over to Hang Over Easy on High Street. It’s a convenient location that we knew if we liked we could always come back and check it out. When we went, we were lucky enough to get a table, as the place is usually packed on weekends. We were greeted with smiling faces and shown to our table. We both loved the aesthetic of the building itself. It felt cozy while keeping our attention. When it came time to order, everything sounded so good that it took us a few minutes to decide. We both were anticipating a good experience with great food. We heard from our friends that it was the best place off campus to get brunch. I ended up going with the Cleveland Steamer burger because I wanted something spicy and it contained jalapeños, and plus the Cleveland naming drew my eye to it. Irene chose avocado toast, which sounded refreshing and filling. When our food came, we dove in immediately. Before we knew it, the food was gone like that. Irene ended up taking home half of her toast to eat later during her busy day, so it accommodated to her busy schedule. The thing I liked the best was how cheap everything was. For the quality and quantity of the food we got, it felt like a really good bargain. Once we paid, we left and headed back to Smith-Steeb Hall. Overall, we really enjoyed the experience we shared at Hang Over Easy. We had a great conversation and learned a lot about each other. The hardest part about the experience was scheduling a date and time to go and explore Columbus. Irene and I both have busy schedules and it was very difficult to find a right time to go. Kenzy was supposed to come with us, but unfortunately, she came down with the flu and was unable to go. We would love to go back sometime, but hopefully with all three of us. The difficult part about choosing Hang Over Easy as the place we wanted to go was going during the hours they were open. Hang Over Easy, being a brunch restaurant, is only open until 3PM, which made it even more difficult to fit into our hectic schedules. Since all of our friends recommended Hang Over Easy to us, we would definitely suggest that they go there whenever they can too. As I stated before, the food and atmosphere we encountered made us want to go back immediately.  We learned that Columbus is a fun place that many people can go to and find something that everyone likes. With Hang Over Easy, we both found something that allowed us to choose what we wanted while being at the same place. I enjoyed being able to show Irene, someone who is from out-of-state, how easy it can be to learn about and explore a new home. What I like to do is start small and close, then branch out and get out of our comfort zone. For someone trying to complete an experience like this, I heavily suggest going to a restaurant. The best part about a restaurant is that someone can choose what they get so the only person they can be unhappy with about the selection is themselves. Everyone I know loves food and it is something that is easy to come together over. Whenever you’re looking for something that can get people to have a good time with one another, try to involve food whenever possible!