G.O.A.L.S.

Global Awareness– Global awareness to me, means that you are knowledgeable about different cultures around the world. This means you don’t assume that everyone lives the same and is treated the same way as you. Even in the United States, we don’t even have equal treatment, so it would be hard to assume that everyone is treated like how Americans are treated. One thing I would like to do to become more globally aware is study abroad. I feel that if I were to receive my education while overseas, I could understand the lifestyle of others while trying to gain knowledge in other areas.

Service Engagement– Service engagement is something that I feel everyone has a duty to do. As residents on this Earth, we should give back to make the world a better place for others. It would work best if everyone took up something that they enjoyed so that they could put forth their full effort when giving back to the community. For me, I enjoy working with animals and I am happy to be volunteering at the Franklin County Dog Shelter, where I walk the dogs to make sure they get enough exercise. It doesn’t have to be a long time that you give back, because every little bit helps someone in need.