The Society of Women Engineers (SWE) is holding a Networking Night on January 31, 2017. This event is held the night before the SWE Career Fair and it is a great opportunity for students to talk to recruiters before the Career Fair! This networking night allows students to connect with companies on a more personal level in a less formal setting. It is open to all engineering students. It will take place in the Cartoon Room, which is located on the third floor of the Ohio Union. The event will run from 6:30pm – 8:30pm. Light refreshments will be served. Attire is business casual.
Thank you and we hope to see you there!
The Ohio State University Civil Engineering Alumni
Society cordially invites you and a guest to attend a
membership appreciation event. Please join our
members, OSU faculty, and students for this social
gathering. The first two meals and game tickets to the
OSU vs Minnesota match are complimentary. Each
additional person will cost $15. We have 50 tickets that
will be distributed on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Please send in the above request form as soon as
possible. We will meet at the Varsity Club (basement)
on Lane Avenue at 5:00 pm and walk to Value City
Arena at about 7:00 pm.
I am on the OSU recruiting team for P&G. September 8th we are coming to campus to do a “Resume Drop” where we will be collecting resumes and conducting mini interviews from 9 AM – 5 PM.
- Interviews will be on a first come first serve basis
- Students should bring at least one hard copy of their resume
- Interviews will be about 5-10 minutes. Students should be prepared to talk us through their resume succinctly.
- Dress is business casual
- All years encouraged – even freshmen
- Purpose is to screen students for official on-campus (~1 hour) interviews for summer internships and full time positions in R&D, PS Engineering, PS Manufacturing, and PS SNO at P&G
- We encourage students to research the different functions within P&G ahead of time so they can articulate their interests in order for us to assign the proper interviewer
- This event serves the same purpose as our booth at the Engineering Expo – the only difference is this event allows more time with each student.
Andrea Calamari |Procter & Gamble | Global Hair MPD Packaging | 11511 Reed Hartman Highway Cincinnati, OH 45241 | 513-626-1626 (Office) | 513-550-2222 (Mobile)
2016 OTEC REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
Early Bird registration begins August 1st
The Department will cover your registration expenses. If you are interested in going, please let us know.
For additional information go to www.otecohio.org.
Join the ladies of Phi Sigma Rho for their first annual Phi Rho Your Boat philanthropy event. At the event, teams of 2-5 will build boats out of recycled materials (cardboard, plastic bottles, etc). Then one member from each team will get in their boat and race it across the RPAC pool. Prizes will be awarded for style, creativity and performance. Pizza and drinks will also be provided. All proceeds will benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
- Cost: $25 per team before April 15th or $35 per team after April 15th
- When: April 23, 2016 from 5:00pm – 8:00pm
- Where: RPAC Aquatics Center
The College of Engineering will launch, for the first-time ever, “Give Back Week” beginning Saturday April 9th. Give Back Week is designed to empower current students and help raise awareness about the power of philanthropy. The goal of the week is to encourage undergraduate and graduate students in engineering and architecture to participate in various service activities on campus and throughout the community.
As part of Give Back Week, we have two college-specific activities:
- Monday April 11th: Students are encouraged to stop by E100 Scott Lab anytime between 9:30a – 11:00a to grab a quick breakfast snack and learn how to stay connected with other volunteer events across the community. Students will also learn how to get connected with college specific opportunities to network with alumni and donors, company executives and community leaders.
- Friday April 15th: There will be a Toy Adaption Service project from 5:30p – 7:30p in Smith Lab. During this two-hour workshop, students and alumni will work together to adapt dozens of toys for children with disabilities. Participants will add adapted switches to traditional toys which will allow disabled children to operate parts which are otherwise too small and hard to reach. No prior toy adaption experience is required. Training will be provided at the workshop. Space is limited and students must register for this activity: Register Here
See the flyer below for more details! A full calendar of scheduled activities can also be found via this link: http://go.osu.edu/givebackweek
Go Green in the City 2016: Start making your change with Schneider Electric
With Go Green in the City, you’re ON to learn, engage, create, and make a real change in the world! Meet real business challenges and create your energy efficient solution for greener, smarter cities.
Form pairs and innovate a solution to one of 5 real-life business case challenges within energy management.
The top 12 teams will gather in Paris in September 2016 to present their ideas in front of the executive judges, competing for a trip around the world and a career opportunity at Schneider Electric.
Sign up at: www.gogreeninthecity.com
Competition Deadline: April 15, 2016
- 18 years age or older
- Be a business or engineering student pursuing a bachelor’s, master’s, or MBA degree
- Two people per team (one team member must be female)
For more information check out: www.gogreeninthecity.com