Interested in emergency medicine, humanitarian relief work, wilderness medicine, or global health? The University of Colorado School of Medicine is offering a two week Pre-Health Wilderness Medicine Program that provides great hands on experience. The program is ideal for nursing, pre-medical, pre-veterinary, pre-dental, and health professions students.
- Hear from professional school admissions officers
- Participate in EMS ride-alongs
- Attend lectures on humanitarian relief and disaster response work
- Learn outdoor skills such as map and compass reading
- Go hiking, canoeing, and exploring in the Rocky Mountains
The program begins in metro Denver and concludes at a basecamp in the wilderness of the Rocky Mountains. There is a session from May 28th to June 9th, and another from August 6th to August 18th.
Students will not only leave better prepared for professional school, but also with survival skills that will invaluable in an emergency or wilderness incident. More information and registration links can be found on the CU Emergency & Wilderness Medicine page.