The Career Accelerator Fund provides support for Arts and Sciences students who work in unpaid or minimally paid internships, undergraduate research positions, or experiential learning opportunities. The Spring internship application deadline is December 8, 2020. The Summer internship application deadline is January 29, 2020.
To qualify, you must be a full-time freshman, sophomore, or junior student at OSU and already have an internship secured for Spring or Summer semester.
For more information:
At Washington State University, graduate students from a variety of disciplines have the opportunity to study the response of materials to extreme conditions at the Institute for Shock Physics (ISP). While studying in relevant departments (physics, chemistry, materials science, mechanical engineering, and geo/planetary science), students may conduct their PhD research at ISP. Conducting research at ISP gives students the opportunity to:
- participate in innovative, multidisciplinary research alongside internationally renowned scientists
- grow in independent thinking skills and hands-on experience
- access the Department of Energy National Laboratories
- work in state-of-the-art facilities, including the Dynamic Compression Sector located at the Advanced Photon Source
ISP offers students the chance to become well educated and rigorously trained to move on to a successful professional career. ISP students are known to become leaders in the field. Scholarships and financial support are available for outstanding students.
For more information:
Winter break is a great time to talk to your friends and family about a summer study abroad. The College of Arts and Sciences offers need-based scholarships for undergraduate students looking to study abroad!
To qualify for these scholarships:
- have a declared major in the arts and sciences
- plan to enroll in an Ohio State -approved education abroad program
- be enrolled at the Columbus campus
- have a current year FAFSA on file
You do not need to be admitted to a study abroad program before you may begin applying for the scholarships.
For the programs taking place in SU 2020, AU 2020, or the full 2020-2021 academic year:
The scholarship application deadline is January 13 at 4 p.m.
Visit the Ohio State Office of International Affairs (OIA) website for a full listing of programs, scholarships, and deadlines for their study abroad opportunities. Many program deadlines begin in early January!