Location: Columbia, MD
Time frame: At least nine weeks
Compensation: Hourly pay
ACell is a leading regenerative medicine company that develops and manufactures products designed to facilitate the body’s ability to repair and remodel tissue. The company is seeking applicants for a full-time intern/co-op for Jan 2019 to June 2019. The co-op/internship has the opportunity to extend to a full year position depending on job performance.
The R&D internship is intended for current undergraduate or graduate students studying relevant fields of study and interested in a career involving Tissue Engineering, Regenerative Medicine, and/or Biomaterials. Students who apply should have four semesters of college-level coursework towards a degree in a related science or engineering field and experience maintaining a laboratory notebook.
The R&D Intern will have a primary project or task area developed in partnership with a Principal Scientist with the aims of both fulfilling an R&D technical objective while also providing the intern with growth opportunities. Examples of such projects:
- Development and optimization of research procedures to expand R&D capabilities
- Planning and carrying out research studies in biomaterial characterization
- Production and evaluation of new product prototypes
Learn more about the internship and ACell.
Students who are interested can send their cover letter and resume to Jeremy Hale of the ASC Center for Career and Professional Success at email@example.com. He asks that students save their resume as one file, using the following format:
2018_ACell_R&D Internship_Student Full First & Last Name
Example: 2018_ACell_R&D Internship_Jesse Jones
Dow AgroSciences is accepting applications for their summer Research & Development Internships. R&D internships are available in chemistry, biology, and computer science related disciplines, including, but not limited to, biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, microbiology, plant breeding, organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, physical chemistry, surface chemistry, engineering (chemical, biological, material, or optical) and informatics (bio and chem).
Dow’s laboratory-based Research and Development internships are located in Indianapolis, Indiana. These are a paid internships; salaries are determined by the student’s year in school.
Eligible students will be pursuing a Bachelors or Master’s degree from a U.S. based college or university with proper U.S. work authorization, or the ability to obtain work authorization through their university.
Applications are due November 1, 2018 for the 2019 program.
More information on the internships can be found from the following links:
Organic Chemistry | Analytical Chemistry | Biochemistry & Biotechnology | Computer Science & Technology | Engineering & Automation | Environmental Science | Material & Polymer Science | Plant Biology
Are you looking for a Research Intern position? ZeoVation, located here in Columbus Ohio is hiring an hourly-paid internship starting in September 2018.
ZeoVation (ZV) is a OSU spin off materials company developing products for the consumer, environmental and chemical industries. Currently, they market 2 zeolite products for academic and industrial development as well as 2 functional material products for consumer product manufacturing.
They are looking for highly motivated individuals to join their product research & development (R&D) team.
You will be trained on research and product development level chemical laboratory operation skills. Learn about new material development process. Work on lab-scale manufacturing of zeolites for research and development purpose and will be involved in product developments.
– Help maintain and optimize nanozeolite and hierarchical zeolite synthesis in R&D lab
– Produce nanozeolite and hierarchical zeolite raw products for R&D and sampling purposes
– Help develop nanozeolite synthesis protocols
– Record production and generate reports
– Two years of experience working in chemistry/materials research labs
– Undergraduate student or BS degree holder in chemistry/materials major
– Proficiency in chemistry experiment operations
– Interested in chemical process scale up
– Excellent oral and written communications skills are required
– Must be self-motivated and prepared to learn andadopt new techniques as needed
Bo Wang, PhD .
Co-Founder at ZeoVation
Next Energy Technologies (NEXT) is looking for entry level chemists to join their organic synthesis team. They are
seeking highly motivated new graduates who are excited at the prospect of carrying out multi-step organic
synthesis in an R&D setting. NEXT is a startup developing game-changing semi-transparent photovoltaic windows.
• Execute multi-step synthesis under the supervision of senior leaders, frequently requiring the use of air-free techniques.
• Organic compound purification via column chromatography, distillation, etc.
• Characterization of intermediates and final compounds by NMR, mass spectrometry, and other techniques as required.
• Preparation and presentation of weekly reports summarizing progress and future work.
• Basic lab maintenance and upkeep.
• B.S. (B.Sc.) in Chemistry.
• Strong desire to work in an innovative research setting.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Must be comfortable working with up to 3L of organic solvent.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Must be able to follow directions closely, work safely, and be hands on.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
To apply for this position e-mail a resume of your background and qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The AbbVie Process R&D separations lab is seeking bachelors/masters level candidates for an open contractor position.
- The candidate will be responsible for development and execution of preparative chromatographic separations and purification of starting materials, intermediates and final APIs to support chemical process development and new drug discovery.
- We seek a candidate with an extensive background in preparative chromatography and sufficient skills and experience in instrumental analysis (HPLC, HPLC-MS, and SFC).
- Work with lead scientist to perform preparative chromatographic separation and purification of starting materials, intermediates and final APIs to support process development and new drug discovery.
- Manage separation and purification activities of preparative supercritical fluid chromatography to ensure timely deliveries of desired compounds to development and discovery groups.
- Effectively identify and communicate new ideas and strategies for method development and optimization in a timely manner to team members in order to improve process efficiencies.
- Handle routine maintenance of preparative chromatographic instrumentation.
- Manage laboratory supplies and waste disposal to ensure uninterrupted lab operation.
- BS in chemistry (organic or analytical) field and 3+ years of industry experience in biopharmaceutical product development.
- MS in organic or analytical chemistry field and 0~1+ years of industry experience in biopharmaceutical product development.
Research & Development internships at Dow AgroSciences are available in chemistry, biology, and computer science related disciplines, including, but not limited to, biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, microbiology, plant breeding, organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, physical chemistry, surface chemistry, engineering (chemical, biological, material, or optical) and informatics (bio and chem). The laboratory-based Research and Development internships are located at our global headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana. This is a paid internship; salaries are determined by the student’s year in school. Subsidized housing is available for qualified students. Eligible students will be pursuing a Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate degree from a U.S. based college or university with proper U.S. work authorization, or the ability to obtain work authorization through their university. Interested students should apply at on the DowAgroSciences website.
Applications will be accepted between August 15 and November 1, 2016 for the 2017 Program
Want to jump start your search for the right program? Check out this listing of programs that have recently reached out to CBC students.