Purdue University Interdisciplinary Life Science Ph.D. Program (PULSe) is hosting a Fall Open House on Friday, November 2, 2018.
PULSe provides opportunities for an interdisciplinary graduate experience in basic life sciences for Ph.D. students. The program offers: flexibility through first-year laboratory rotations; team experience within interdisciplinary cohorts; world-class facilities and resources; and diverse research opportunities across multiple disciplines. PULSe is an interdisciplinary program that includes faculty members from 27 different departments/programs at Purdue. There are currently over 190 faculty in PULSe.
The Open House’s activities will include:
- A “Meet the Faculty” Session – at the session, a panel of faculty members representing the PULSe Training Groups will give an informal presentation on their group and the research associated with it after which each faculty member will be available to speak one-on-one with interested students;
- Student Lab Tours – current PULSe students will escort small groups of prospective students to and around their labs;
- Lunch with Students – A number of current PULSe students meet with open house attendees over a meal in the Purdue Memorial Union to discuss their personal experiences with the PULSe program and at Purdue; and
- A Facilities Tour – Attendees tour the Bindley Bioscience and Birck Nanotechnology Centers to see some of the research resources and facilities available at Purdue!
The event will start at 9:00am and end at 3:00pm at Purdue’s main campus in West Lafayette, Indiana. More information about the program and the Fall Open House is available on their respective websites.
RSVP for the event here.
The PULSe Fall Open House will be on Friday, November 3, 2017. This open house serves as an opportunity to introduce students to the Purdue University Interdisciplinary Life Science Ph.D. Program (PULSe). PULSe provides opportunities for an interdisciplinary graduate experience in the basic life sciences for Ph.D. students.
Our day of activities will include a meet the faculty session, lunch with current students, and a tour of lab facilities. Your students will gain exposure to some of the life science research being done at Purdue, while they are also given an opportunity to talk with faculty and students to familiarize themselves with the PULSe Program.
The details of the 2017 PULSe Fall Open House are as follows:
Date: Friday, November 3, 2017
Time: 10:00 – 3:30 PM
Location: Stewart Center and Purdue Memorial Union, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
Activities: Overview will begin at 10:00, including meet the faculty session, lab tours, lunch with students, and tour of campus facilities.
Lunch will be provided.
RSVP: 2017 PULSe Open House RSVP or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions: (765)-496-1635 or email@example.com
Undergraduate students are invited to a fantastic opportunity provided by the Purdue University Interdisciplinary Life Science Ph.D. Program (PULSe)! The program is putting on its annual PULSe Fall Open House on Friday, November 4, 2016, which serves to introduce prospective Ph.D. students to interdisciplinary graduate opportunities in the basic life sciences.
Activities will include a “meet the faculty” session, lunch with current students, and a tour of lab facilities. Students will gain exposure to some of the life science research being conducted at Purdue, in addition to the chance to talk with faculty and students to familiarize themselves with the PULSe Program.
Date: Friday, November 4, 2016
Time: 10:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Location: 207 S. Martin Jischke Drive, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
Lunch will be provided!
Questions: 496-1016 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Student registration for Purdue’s Big Ten+ Graduate School Expo is now open! Join us October 4 & 5, 2015 for this premier informational and networking event.
If you are searching for a nationally recognized graduate program in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related discipline, attend the Big Ten+ Graduate School Expo to learn more about:
- funding your graduate education,
- creating a competitive application,
- studying at top rated universities, such as UC Berkeley, Carnegie Mellon, Cornell, Duke, Georgia Tech, Michigan, Notre Dame, Purdue, USC, Texas, Texas A&M, Penn, Princeton Northwestern, and Maryland.
- and much more!
Learn more or register now at www.purdue.edu/gradexpo. Students from all institutions are invited and travel scholarships are available. In particular, women and members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to participate.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.