The Department of Athletics, Business Advancement, Business and Finance is seeking a Sustainability Intern!
The focus of this position is to assist with data collection and project implementation that will move departments toward the University Sustainability Goals. Specific tasks assigned throughout the internship are broken down as follows:
- 50% Conduct cost benefit analysis on both assigned and self-identified projects, working professionally with both internal and external stakeholders
- 25% Assist with materials management infrastructure audits, updates, and zero waste events
- 10% Research best practices for sustainability at universities and other relevant settings
- 5% Develop and provide training for staff, clients, guests, students, and visitors as needed
- 10% Other administrative tasks as assigned
Additionally, the department desires interns who meet these qualifications:
- Enrolled full-time at The Ohio State University at least two (2) semesters per year
- In good academic standing (at least a 2.0 GPA) in a related major or field
- Students requiring ENR 4191 are encouraged to apply
- Interest in sustainability demonstrated by area of study, participation in student organizations, community service or other similar activities
- Experience coordinating, organizing, and implementing projects, programs and events
- Strong personal organizational skills with ability to handle multiple tasks in a team environment, to work independently, and be detail oriented
- Experience in using computers; knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; experience with internet use; ability to learn new software packages
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to use various modern media tools
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to remain calm and professional under pressure
Other details include:
- Hours: 15+ weekly during the academic term, 36+ weekly during summer term
- Location: E114 Fawcett Center
- Pay: $8.50-9.50 per hour, based on experience
- Openings: 1
- Start Date: January 9th, 2017
- Dress Code: Business Casual
If you are interested, please send a resume and cover letter to Graham Oberly at email@example.com by November 16th, 2016 at 5:00PM.
Are you looking to work closely with physicians to gain experience in medicine, disease processes, medical procedures and decision-making? Consider becoming a Medical Provider Scribe!
ScribeAmerica is a company that recruits scribes for individual physicians across the country, and it is currently looking for students in Columbus, Ohio who can work full-time, part-time, day and night shifts. The essential roles performed by a scribe include working with an assigned physician to document the following:
- Patient history
- Physical examinations
- Results of laboratory/radiological tests
- Eventual diagnosis and disposition
This is an exceptional opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a medical setting, although it does require applicants to be committed, sharp and determined to succeed. The most sought-after candidates are dependable and hard-working employees that have a desire for an eventual career in medicine. Moreover, there are multiple shifts, usually lasting 8-12 hours, which consist of following a single physician. It is expected that each scribe can commit to 2 shifts per week for at least 2 years.
Paid classroom & clinical training is provided. The training is extensive and intense. Each employee will have multiple training sessions both in the classroom and the emergency department during which we teach the flow of the emergency room, extensive medical terminology, and appropriate medical/legal documentation.
Once again, this is an amazing opportunity for students. In addition to the benefits previously mentioned, student scribes will have access to competitive pay, benefits, flexible scheduling, and great learning experiences.
For more information, you may visit www.scribeamerica.com, or click here to apply directly. You may also contact Elizabeth Berrios at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have more questions.
GE Healthcare Life Sciences is looking for a candidate for a part-time position at Ohio State.
Duties include gathering and providing insight, promotion and program support, literature distribution, stock room/ sample support, and acting as a positive representation of GE.
Several candidates in the past who have been in this position move right on to a job/company after graduation.
The position requires 10 hours/week and the candidate is paid $15/hour.
For more information, email Health Bowers (email@example.com), the Consumables Sales Specialist at GE.