Applications must be completed by February 15, 2021, at 8:00 a.m. EST.
The Repperger Research Intern Program is a 10-week educational experience, providing research opportunities for students at one of three Air Force research facilities under the mentorship of an Air Force scientist. Scientists have been hand selected to mentor, because of their technical knowledge, experience and willingness to help science and engineering students enhance their learning through participation in an actual Air Force research project. The available research opportunities span nearly all STEM fields, from Biology, Mathematics, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, Kinesiology, Physics and many more areas of study. Along with gaining first-hand research experience, students will learn the inner workings of an operational laboratory and develop contacts and friendships that will last a lifetime.
Program Dates: June 7 – August 13, 2021
Research Locations: Wright-Patterson AFB, Dayton, OH or JBSA, Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, TX or Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA
Stipend: ~$12,000 for 10-week period
For detailed program information, please visit https://orise.orau.gov/afrl/repperger-research.html.
This opportunity is limited to US Citizens due to the sensitive/classified nature of much of the research performed at AFRL.
Want to jump start your search for the right research program? Check out this listing of programs that have recently reached out to CBC students.
First Solar in Perrysburg, OH is looking to hire a full-time Chemist Specialist I to their team. First Solar is one of the leading global manufacturers and providers of comprehensive photovoltaic (PV) systems using advanced thin module and system technology, and has developed, financed, engineered, and operated some of the world’s largest and most successful PV power plants in existence.
The Chemist Specialist I position is responsible for conducting routine analysis following defined methods in support of recycling, wastewater, raw material production, procurement, and refinement.
Some Requirements include:
- At least 3 years experience in an analytical lab environment/academic equivalent
- Experience involving polymer analysis, thermal analysis, and wet chemistry preferred
- Associate’s Degree in Chemistry or related field required, BA or BS in Chemistry or related field preferred
- General knowledge in laboratory procedures (prepare samples, perform analyses, handle toxic/flammable materials, etc.)
More specific job descriptions, skill/competency requirements, and details on applying can be found here.
Are you looking for a summer job? How about one in the fields of organic and inorganic synthesis!
Universal Technology Corporation is looking to hire a current student do be a research chemist over the summer at their Composites Branch within the Materials and Manufacturing Directorate of the Air Force Research Laboratory at Wright-Patterson Air base in Ohio.
Interested students should have working knowledge and hands-on experience in…
- traditional and state-of-the-art techniques for the synthesis
- reaction optimization
- characterization of organic and inorganic small molecules
- S. citizenship
- Current student (B.S., M.S. or Ph.D.) in chemistry
- Research in chemical synthesis, reaction optimization, and characterization
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Research publications in peer-reviewed journals and professional society conference presentations are a plus.
- Team-oriented approach, but capable of independent work
- Willingness to expand scientific knowledge base through interdisciplinary research
For more Job Responsibilities see the attached document, and to apply and get even more information, go to their website.