Mathnasium of Upper Arlington is a math learning center for kids in grades 1-12. They are in search of responsible Ohio State students who are proficient in math, have an affinity for kids, and are interested in part-time employment as instructors. The students benefit greatly from learning with college students, who are also great role models for them.
Mathnasium of Upper Arlington is located in Arlington Square Shopping Center near the T.J. Maxx at the corner of Reed and Henderson. For more information, or to apply, visit Mathnasium of Upper Arlington’s website.
There are two opportunities for summer research, both out of state, one internationally!
Applications Due: February 1, 2017
Rosetta Commons is offering paid summer research internships to undergraduates interested in research in biomolecular structure prediction and design. The summer includes a one-week Code School, eight weeks of hands-on research in one of the Rosetta labs, and finishes with attendance and poster presentations at the Rosetta Conference.
Monetary support is provided through an NSF REU grant.
Possible research projects span methods development in biomolecular design and applications from cancer and biofuels to drug and vaccine design.
One intern will be placed internationally at Correia Lab in Switzerland, and the other will be placed at the industry site EMD Serono in Boston.
- College Sophomores or Juniors preferred
- Major in computer science, engineering, mathematics, chemistry, biology, and/or biophysics
- Available for at least 10 weeks during the summer of 2017
- Interest in graduate school
- U.S.citizens, permanent residents, and U.S. nationals are eligible.
- While not required, we seek candidates with some combination of experiences in scientific or academic research, C++/Python/*nix/databases, software engineering, object-oriented programming, and/or collaborative development (git).
Applications open now, deadline February 1.
Questions can be directed to Camille Mathis (email@example.com) or Jeff Gray (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Want to jump start your search for the right program? Check out this listing of programs that have recently reached out to CBC students.