Interested in becoming a math or science teacher after graduation? Apply for Ohio University’s Noyce Teaching Fellowship Program!
As part of this program, you will:
- earn a tuition-free one year Master’s degree and teaching certification
- receive a 14,000 dollar stipend during program year
- join Ohio University’s network of STEM teaching fellows
- work with faculty and experienced mentors
- participate in STEM-related community service
- teach in a high-needs school for 4 years after completing your master’s degree and teaching certification
- receive a 11,000 dollar salary supplement during first four years teaching
Applications for 2020 will be accepted from December 1, 2019 until March 30, 2020. Apply and find more information here.
If you have further questions, please contact email@example.com.
If you are interested in becoming a TA for Autumn 2018? Two departments here at OSU are currently hiring!
The Math Department relies on students to staff the TA sections of pre-calculus and algebra courses. Undergrad Math TAs currently receive a stipend of at least $4920 per semester for approximately 20 hours of work per week. Duties include teaching recitations, grading, holding office hours, and tutoring.
If you have:
1) Excellent communication skills,
2) An interest in teaching,
3) At least one post-calculus math course, and
4) Undergraduate student status at OSU
You are eligible to apply for a teaching associateship in Math that begins Autumn Semester, 2018.
Interested students can pick up applications from the Math Tower receptionist or can contact John Lewis (300 Math Tower or firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Applications are available from now until March 2 from the receptionist in the Math Tower. Decisions on hiring will be made by the end of Spring Semester. For more information see the department website, http://www.math.osu.edu/about-us/jobs
The Chemistry and Biochemistry Department is also hiring TAs! Qualified students MUST have completed Chemistry 1920 / 1620 / 1220 and preference is given to seniors, juniors, and Chemistry majors.If you are interested in becoming a TA in Chemistry , check out the Work for CBC section under the Opportunities tab on this blog or click here.