The Warren Center for Neuroscience Drug Discovery at Vanderbilt University is actively seeking BS level scientists to join their team. Many of the center’s BS level scientists use this opportunity to gain experience and publications before entering a Graduate or Professional program.
The Warren Center is directed by Dr. Craig Linsley (editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Medicinal Chemistry) and is located about 20 minutes south of Nashville, TN. While the Warren Center is known best for its neuroscience and work in GPCRs, they have funding for several other projects outside of the neuroscience world. Additionally, the WCNDD is great place to work with state-of-the-art instrumentation akin to what one would encounter in BigPharma.
If you are interested, you should email your CV and research summary to Kayla Temple at firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Virginia State University is seeking a dedicated candidate for the position of Academic Lab Manager III for the Department of Chemistry and Physics. This is a non-classified, non-exempt, full time, benefits eligible position. This position assists the faculty within the department to set up and conduct teaching laboratories as well as maintain the departmental laboratories safety, hygiene, and records.
WVSU serves approximately 3,500 students. It is located in Institute, WV, a suburb of Charleston, the largest city and the capital of West Virginia. With more than 300,000 people living in the metropolitan area, it is an active, exciting and engaging community, boasting cultural and historical events, music, festivals and entertainment.
This position will remain open until filled. However, first consideration will be given to applicants who submit a resume, cover letter, academic transcripts, and the names and email addresses or phone numbers of three professional references by July 13, 2022.
Application materials can be submitted via email to email@example.com.
GFS Chemicals has applications open for new graduates. There are several different openings for applicants.
These openings include…
- In the QC lab at the Fine and Specialty Organics division
- In the QC lab at the Fine Inorganics division
Students or recent graduates can apply and look for more information here. You can reach out to Austin Hutchinson of the Organic Specialty Chemicals Manufacturing Division at this email with any further questions: AHutchinson@GFSChemicals.com.
Work in the General Chemistry Preparation Lab for Autumn 2021!
The General Chemistry Preparation lab of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry is hiring lab assistants to help us provide services to the General Chemistry Teaching lab in Autumn 2021. This position is open to undergraduates currently enrolled at OSU main campus who are eligible to work in the United States. Successful candidates should be able to work independently and have good customer service skills.
- Completed General Chemistry Sequence (1210/1220; 1610/1620; or 1910H/1920H) with a B- (preferred)
- Attention to detail, maintaining a stable work schedule
- Taking classes during Autumn 2021
- Be able to work until 2023 after recruitment
Student Appointment Details:
- Starting Salary: $10/hour (increased from posting on 6/3)
- Hours: 12-20 hours per week
- Responsibilities: Preparation and delivery of chemicals, distribution of lab equipment, lab services and safety inspections.
- On Friday, August 20 or Monday, August 23, new lab assistants will need to participate in lab orientation/training.
- Apply here.
- You will be contacted after submission of your application.
Deadline Approaching: Dec 28, 2020
The Applied Microbiology Services Lab (AMSL), is seeking applicants for COVID-19 Student Lab Assistants in order to expand its SARS-CoV-2 screening program staff for the spring semester. AMSL is a CLIA-certified BSL-2+ lab operated jointly by the Department of Microbiology, College of Arts and Sciences, and the Infectious Diseases Institute, Office of Research. The university’s SARS-CoV-2 screening program is run through AMSL.
- University title: Student assistant
- Wage: $12-$13 per hour, based on experience
- Pay frequency: Bi-weekly
- Under the direction of the Applied Microbiology Lab Services (AMSL) manager and other designated lab personnel, AMSL COVID-19 student lab assistants will assist with various lab duties including client services, sample processing, and testing; operates specialized equipment and follows all testing protocols to produce results for input into the appropriate database(s); and more.
- Work schedules may include non-traditional work days/times (e.g., evenings and/or weekends) to accommodate testing and lab needs.
- Position is temporary (actual duration unknown, but less than ten months.)
- Full description on job flyer.
If interested, please email your resume by Monday, December 28th to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct questions regarding the positions should be directed to Jeff Jahnes (Jahnes.email@example.com), AMSL Lab Manager.