The Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth (CTY) is seeking instructors and teaching assistants for their summer programs. CTY offers challenging academic programs for highly talented elementary, middle, and high school students from across the country and around the world. Positions are available at residential and day sites at colleges, universities, and schools on the East and West coasts, as well as internationally in Hong Kong. A full list of site locations can be found here.
They are currently seeking individuals to work with the following Chemistry-related courses:
· The Edible World · Crystals and Polymers
· Chemistry in Society · Fast-Paced High School Chemistry
· Introduction to Organic Chemistry
A full list of science courses, course descriptions, and sample syllabi can be found here.
Core Dates for 2019*:
Session 1: June 20 – July 13, 2019
Session 2: July 13 – August 3, 2019
*Note: dates may vary depending on location and position. For a full list of locations and dates, please visit this link.
Terms of Employment
- Starting salary for two sessions is $4,800 – $6,000 for instructors and $2,540 for TAs.
- Room and board are provided at residential sites. Travel assistance is provided to Hong Kong.
- Teaching assistant candidates are generally graduate or undergraduate students with experience tutoring or as a TA.
- Instructor candidates generally have independent classroom teaching experience, graduate coursework, and at least a bachelor’s degree.
Instructor and Teaching Assistant position descriptions can be found here.
Apply now! Fill out an online application here.
- Application consideration for returning candidates begins in December.
- Application consideration for new candidates begins in late January.
Questions? Contact the Center for Talented Youth at firstname.lastname@example.org.