Here’s a fun article about the Chemistry of Chocolate from Chemical and Engineering News.
The author discusses different forms of consuming chocolate throughout the world, from modern day Switzerland to the Aztec civilization.
Ever wondered the nutrition of chocolate? This article has it
They also discuss the science of craving this absurdly delicious food.
Read it for fun! Take a study break!
Looking for a career in food? Or a career for next semester? Come to the Food, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Career Expo and meet with Lab Managers from Cargill!
What does Cargill do? From their website:
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
The Expo is on Sept. 29th, and these representatives will be looking for individuals to fill a 6-9 month internships at several of their facilities in Ohio, North Carolina, and Georgia. They will conduct interviews with prospective interns the following day, on Sept. 30th.
- Currently pursuing or have earned a degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Engineering or related science or engineering degree
- Must be available to work 40 hours per week from January – August 2017 OR May – December 2017
- Must be open to relocation
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage a large workload with multiple priorities.
- Familiarity with laboratory procedures & equipment – e.g.: Microbiological testing methods, Sensory analysis, Titrators, GC, HPLC, Refractive index, AA, Spectrometers
- Moderate to advanced scientific knowledge: chemistry, acids, bases & solvents, biology/microbiology, Food Science.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
Position Link to Apply Online: Food Safety Quality Regulatory Co-Op 2017 – UNI04804
For More Information