Application Deadline: November 19, 2018
In the National Renewable Energy Laboratory’s Intern Mini-Semester, students spend three days (January 7 – 9, 2019) at NREL during the winter break to learn about energy research opportunities. Students interact with scientists and researchers, attend lectures on current projects, and participate in facility tours to experience work in progress.
- Travel to and from NREL (located in Golden, Colorado)
- Lodging and on-site transportation
- All materials and supplies
- Program hours: 8am – 5pm
Students who participate in the Mini-Semester are expected to apply for the Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship (SULI) for four-year institutions. Both off the opportunity to participate in a scientific research appointment appointment at NREL for summer 2019.
- This program is designed for underrepresented students in STEM; however, anyone can apply
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
- Must have health insurance
- Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA
Interested students can apply online by November 19, 2018.