The AbbVie Process R&D separations lab is seeking bachelors/masters level candidates for an open contractor position.
- The candidate will be responsible for development and execution of preparative chromatographic separations and purification of starting materials, intermediates and final APIs to support chemical process development and new drug discovery.
- We seek a candidate with an extensive background in preparative chromatography and sufficient skills and experience in instrumental analysis (HPLC, HPLC-MS, and SFC).
- Work with lead scientist to perform preparative chromatographic separation and purification of starting materials, intermediates and final APIs to support process development and new drug discovery.
- Manage separation and purification activities of preparative supercritical fluid chromatography to ensure timely deliveries of desired compounds to development and discovery groups.
- Effectively identify and communicate new ideas and strategies for method development and optimization in a timely manner to team members in order to improve process efficiencies.
- Handle routine maintenance of preparative chromatographic instrumentation.
- Manage laboratory supplies and waste disposal to ensure uninterrupted lab operation.
- BS in chemistry (organic or analytical) field and 3+ years of industry experience in biopharmaceutical product development.
- MS in organic or analytical chemistry field and 0~1+ years of industry experience in biopharmaceutical product development.