Are you a graduating chemistry or biochemistry student? Consider applying to Purdue University’s Professional Masters Program at the Davidson School of Chemical Engineering. They are currently accepting applications for Autumn 2019. The program offers affordable tuition, a flexible curriculum, research opportunities that provide interaction with industry leaders, and opportunity for employment in the chemical process industry.
Click here to learn more about the program.
You can apply here if you are interested. They are accepting applications until May 1, 2019.
Application Deadline: February 8th, 2019
The Center for Selective C-H Functionalization (CCHF) is currently accepting applications for their Chemistry Summer Undergraduate Research Program (CSURP) for 2019. The program provides an opportunity for undergraduate students with an interest in the chemical sciences to conduct research with a faculty mentor in one of CCHF’s 15 partnership research laboratories across the country.
The program highlights:
- Engage in innovative, cutting edge research
- Interact with prominent leaders in the field
- Receive a competitive stipend (up to $5000)
- Receive campus housing or a housing allowance
- Attend seminars, workshops, career planning sessions, and other professional development opportunities
The program runs from mid-May to mid-August.
You’re encouraged to apply if you are:
- Currently enrolled as a degree-seeking undergraduate at a U.S. institution of higher education
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- In good academic standing
- Someone with interest in the field of C-H Functionalization (No previous research experience is required!)
- Someone with interest in synthetic organic chemistry
- A chemistry, biochemistry, or chemical engineering major
You can apply online at their website here.
A great opportunity has just opened up for undergraduate students considering graduate school. Mark Ferris, an Ohio State alumni, will be giving a short recruiting talk and answering questions about his program and graduate school life.
Mark is currently in a PhD program for chemical engineering at the Colorado School of Mines, located in Golden, Colorado. He is very excited to return to his alma mater to talk to undergraduate students about all this program has to offer in the fields of chemical and biological engineering!
The talk will be this Friday, November 18th, at 1:30 PM in CBEC 110/120. FREE pizza will be provided!
Please contact Mark Ferris at email@example.com with any additional questions.
The following students are invited to network with Smucker business leaders at The J.M. Smucker Company Recruitment Open House based on your major and your academic standing!
- Chemistry: currently Sophomore/Junior Standing – cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher
- Chemical Engineering: Sophomore/Junior Standing – cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher
- Microbiology: Sophomore/Junior Standing – cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher
- Computer Information Science: Freshman/Sophomore/Junior/Senior Standing – cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher
- Computer Science & Engineering: Freshman/Sophomore/Junior Standing – cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher
- Data Analytics: Sophomore/Junior standing – cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher
The recruitment opportunity will take place Wednesday, September 7th at the Blackwell Inn Ballroom between the hours of 4:30 and 7:00 p.m.
Important things to note:
- Please RSVP by September 2nd via the link on the attached document.
- Please bring copies of your resume
- Heavy appetizers and refreshments will be provided.
If you have any questions, please contact Emma Rohe Emma.Rohe@jmsmucker.com
Open House Invite OSU 2016