Honor societies offer recognition of achievement, and in many cases, an opportunity for involvement at the university.
From the AOSCH:
The Association of Ohio State Class Honoraries is the self-governing body of the class honorary community at The Ohio State University. Its purpose is to represent the mutual interests of Alpha Lambda Delta/Phi Eta Sigma (ALD/PES), Mirrors, Romophos, Bucket & Dipper, Chimes, Mortar Board, and Sphinx; to actively pursue the betterment of the class honorary system at Ohio State; to act as an ambassador between class honoraries, the community, and the administration of The Ohio State University; and to ensure the perpetuity and character of the member-honoraries.
Class Honoraries: The Association of OSU Class Honoraries sponsors two honoraries in each grade. Honoraries are a great opportunity to meet new people and become involved in academics, leadership, and service on campus. A list of the honoraries and links to their websites are found below:
- Romophos (Sophomore): http://romophos.org.ohio-state.edu/
- Mirrors (Sophomore): https://osumirrors.wordpress.com/
- Bucket and Dipper (Junior): http://www.bucketanddipper.com/
- Chimes (Junior): http://chimes.org.ohio-state.edu/
- Mortar Board (Senior): http://osumortarboard.com/blog/
- Sphinx (Senior): http://sphinx.org.ohio-state.edu/apply.html
Applications for the honoraries are due in the last week of January.